Brianne is by far one of the perkiest, happiest people I’ve ever come across online. She’s a former musician, an amazing photographer, and a branding expert. She firmly believes that branding is more than graphics and colors, and in this week’s episode, she helps bloggers and online entrepreneurs develop their brand through their own personal story.
- Branding is a story. Your story includes your background and your history, and your visuals and the intangibles – the way you write or talk – tell your brand story.
- Your voice is part of your branding, and it’s important to develop your voice. Write every single day – write something often to hone in on your own unique voice. Brianne likes doing voice memos, then listen to yourself talk and write it out.
- If people meet you and you’re nothing like you are online, that’s bad branding. Authenticity is incredibly important.
- Brianne asks clients a series of intentionally vague questions to get to know them, then helps them hash out their responses and turn that into a brand.
- Create a Pinterest board and pin anything that inspires you, then see how it all comes together.
- Be sure to interview multiple branding experts before hiring one in order to be sure it’s a good fit.
- If considering a rebrand, be sure you’re in the right mindspace. Do you hate your existing brand? Does your website make you not-so-happy?
- Your brand should already be evolving.
- Start with the 4 pillars of branding: What do you do, who you do it for, why do you do what you do, how are you going to do it.
- Download Brianne’s free branding workbook HERE.
- Brianne’s favorite business resources can be found HERE.
- Join Brianne’s Facebook group HERE.
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Brianne & I have created #InfluenceHour, a twice-monthly Twitter chat! Click HERE, or use the sign-up form below, to get notifications of #InfluenceHour dates & times!
Connect with Brianne
CLICK HERE FOR ALL EPISODES & SHOW NOTES
Join the Conversation
Get notifications of upcoming #InfluenceHour chats & educational newsletters from Brianne & Kirsten.