Kayla Hollatz is the queen of Twitter chats and the expert community-builder. In fact, her business is designed to help you create an epic community around your brand! Kayla shares the impact her highly successful Twitter chat, #CreateLounge, has had on her business, and how she has used this Twitter chat to create an amazingly supportive community of like-minded business owners.
- Kayla started her career in PR & social media, and loved blogging, but discovered that her heart was more for the creative bloggers and entrepreneurs.
- The leap of faith to start #CreateLounge changed her business and, subsequently, her life. She called it a “gathering”, and it truly feels like a community.
- She joined a ton of Twitter chats before starting her own. Twitter is a great place to connect with anyone from a solopreneur or blogger with a side hustle to a corporate executive.
- Twitter chat conversations can turn into email or Skype conversations, and allow you to make genuine connections during live conversation.
- Kayla blends educational topics with inspirational and motivational topics.
- The community has been built on taking the conversations out of the Twitter chat into other areas, like blog posts, challenges, emails, Facebook groups, podcasts, etc. to keep the conversation going. Help people learn in whatever way they like to learn.
- Think about who your ideal client or buyer already is then think about how they already connect with you. Think about ways to build community there – webinars, in-real-life events, podcasts, groups, etc.
- Be a community member first, before you’re a community leader. People have to know the mission of a brand before they can be an evangelist of your brand.
- #CreateLounge is the reason Kayla has the business she has today. She needed her community in order to grow her business, and her business is all about creating community.
- Join Kayla’s #CreateLounge conversation HERE.
- Kayla just launched Crickets to Community, an amazing course that teaches you how to create a community with your website.
***Join the brand new Twitter chat, #InfluenceHour, beginning Tuesday, Oct. 11th, cohosted by Brianne from Brightly & Co. and me! Click HERE to read more!***
Connect with Kayla
CLICK HERE FOR ALL EPISODES & SHOW NOTES
Join the Conversation
Get notifications of upcoming #InfluenceHour chats & educational newsletters from Brianne & Kirsten.