Let’s be real: You are not Beyonce. You may have seen the meme going around social media that says, “You have the same 24 hours as Beyonce.” While we may have the same 24 hours, we don’t have a team of assistants to take things off of our plates.
So today, Erin and I are talking about time & project management. We’re sharing things that we personally use and provide tips to help you manage ALL THE THINGS with your blog & business.
Want to watch this episode? CLICK HERE to check it out on YouTube!
- The truth is, no one can do ALL THE THINGS, and do them effectively. We have to have structure & discipline.
- Your visual space is important. Take visual clutter away to avoid distractions and streamline your work process. Stations are great – create stations for each recurring task like photography, video recording, etc.
- Don’t just schedule the deadline for a due date. Schedule each piece of the creation process.
- Make sure you love what you’re blogging about or you’ll procrastinate to no end.
- Come up with a workflow for everything that you do. Do the same steps in the same order every time.
- Bulk process your work. If you’re a foodie, for example, try cooking multiple recipes for your blog in one day, then take all the photos, and edit all at one time.
- Multi-tasking is overrated! Focus on one thing at a time and do it well. Don’t glamorize being busy.
- Alleviate distractions: close tabs you are not using, ignore your notifications until a project is completed, and schedule everything.
- Create order in your inbox then maintain it. Use folders, canned responses, and by all means, delete the junk first.
- Use social media scheduling tools to bulk schedule content. My personal favorite is CoSchedule.
- Project management is easier done when you understand which project should be top priority.
- Voxer: Erin’s go-to voice message system for clients
- 6 Time Management Tips to Master Your Schedule
- How to Automate & Simplify Social Media Scheduling
- Create a Morning Routine
- Ep. 013 – Productivity & Efficiency as a Solopreneur
- Fizzle’s Decision Matrix
Get found in search by improving your SEO game! Get started today!