When you think of investing, you probably think first of monetary investments. While we do talk about those in this episode, we also talk about the importance of investing in yourself through self-care. We also share some behind-the-scenes of what it would look like if we had a parenting podcast…so there’s that. Enjoy!
Watch this episode on YouTube HERE.
- We’re celebrating 12,000 downloads to our little podcast! Thank you so much for your support!
- Erin’s news story: Facebook Messenger introduces your Facebook Day, Facebook’s version of Instagram Stories.
- Kirsten’s news story: Facebook adds a “continue watching” notification for videos you didn’t finish.
- When we talk about investing in ourselves, we don’t just mean spending money. We mean investing time and energy into the right things to fuel our businesses.
- At some point you realize that you have to invest if you want to take your blog seriously, even if you aren’t making any money at that time. You need to have some financial accountability.
- If you are taking your blog seriously, you might need to invest in a branding expert, a theme for your website, and so on to make you look more professional, regardless of your niche.
- Fake it til you make it – it’s real! Sometimes you might not know how to do things but taking the time to learn how to do things will benefit your business.
- Self-care is a huge investment, but most people skip it. Not taking care of yourself is the quickest way to burn out.
- Pay attention to your body and the signals it’s giving you. It’s perfectly OK to take a step back.
- It’s good to take breaks and reset your brain. Sometimes all it takes is a short walk in the sunshine, or heading to a location outside of your usual workspace.
WOOT! Grab your copy of
and do epic stuff with your blog!